Solid oak flooring is certain to be a very appealing option for the home and easily complements most styles of decor. However, it is an extremely expensive option and also needs a lot of ongoing maintenance. Alternatively, the oak laminate flooring is a practical substitution to give the stunning look of real oak and is much more affordable, especially if laying the laminate in a large area. Plus, this type of flooring is easy to maintain.
The walnut laminate is atmospheric and dark to help create the perfect ambiance in the home. The laminate can be made to look much like real wood with its unique grain and knot detail. The natural dark color means a room is given a neutral base for greater freedom to decorate and style the walls and furnishing. Also, it helps to add a touch of warmth to a room which makes it … Read the rest
Pros of hickory hardwood flooring
- Shock resistant-being shock resistant, hickory hardwood is also used to make furniture, golf clubs, baseball bats, and more. When it is used as flooring, it is able to withstand the daily wear and tear, weight, heat, and pressure of your household.
- Durable-it is harder than maple, pine, oak, and teak. Although it is hardwood it can develop dents and scratches if there is excessive force used, after prolonged use, and if you drop heavy objects like tools. This can be rectified by getting hardwood flooring using hand-scraped hickory flooring.
- Has a grain pattern that is extraordinary-the wood grain is very attractive but is even made more beautiful when it is used as hardwood flooring. When building new homes this is the most sought after wood for the floors. This is due to the color variations that go from dark brown to almost white. There are
… Read the rest
Using cleaners that are specifically made for cleaning teak wood are very helpful when you are getting rid of the mold and mildew that can form on the floors. This can cause black spots on your floors. On the market there are two types of cleaners available, which include:
- One-part cleaners-these are more gentle in nature and require ten to fifteen minutes of gentle scrubbing.
- Two part cleaners-these are a little harsher as the first part contains an acid application that is followed by slight scrubbing and then there is a neutralizer that is used to clean up the leftover acid.
Although they are effective in cleaning the black spots from your teak floor, they can damage the floor so you need to be careful how often you use them.
Vacuum every week
Another tip for teak wood floor maintenance is that you should vacuum them every week. … Read the rest
Many hardwood floors cannot be mopped even with a damp mop without damaging the wood. The water can seep into the wood, causing mold or rot. With walnut hardwood flooring, it is low maintenance so mopping is an option and it tends to resist mold, water damage, and bug infestations. All of these can harm the wood. If you decide to damp mop the floor, you can do so without needed to treat the hardwood flooring with chemicals that will help to protect the wood from damage such as rot. Walnut hardwood flooring is more resistant from cracking and chipping.
Walnut flooring is also easy to install so this can be a project that the homeowners can do themselves. The walnut planks are generally sold in large quantities with the instructions how to install them included. Once you have a subfloor in place these walnut planks can be easily fitted … Read the rest
This type of flooring is very popular to use for industrial applications. The reason is that it creates the type of surface that is impervious to industrial flooring wear and tear and many chemical spills. Contractors for such kind of flooring can also mix color chips, sand, and other hard plastic with the epoxy to give traction to the flooring. The type of sand that is most often used is quartz sand. Using this sand will help to create floors that are nonslip for industries in the food processing area. Many epoxy flooring have anti-static properties that are used in electronic manufacturing or laboratories where electrical charges could damage sensitive electronic equipment.
Many think that this type of flooring is clear but many of the floors are actually opaque. Pigments can be mixed with the epoxy to create an opaque color that is solid for home and industrial applications. To … Read the rest