There are several advantages to choosing this type of flooring, which include:
- More durable because the finish is done using a substance called aluminum oxide which is harder than the polyurethane finish that is used on unfinished hardwood floors. These types of floors are less likely to dent or scratch giving the floors a good looking finish for many years unlike unfinished hardwood floors that have to be refinished every few years.
- Easier to install because the floor is installed and can be used the same day it was installed. With unfinished hardwood floors they have to let the wood acclimate, install it, stain it, and let it dry before it can be finished, which can take several days.
- Give a better look than hardwood that is unfinished because prefinished hardwood floors come in a variety of sizes, textures, colors, and styles so the homeowner can choose the look that
… Read the rest
Fabric or material used to manufacture the rugs – There are many reasons why choosing a suitable rug in terms of its pile content is important in keeping your wooden floors unharmed and charming throughout the years to come. First and foremost, the fabric should be breathable, especially the backing of the rug. You should opt for a non staining material, as this would mean that any color or dye used in the manufacturing process is not going to bleed through or leak to your hardwood. Wool is considered to be one of the most widely used fiber, and is indeed valuable due to its features like durability, long-lasting and breathable woven structure providing sufficient ventilation to the floors.
Choosing a suitable backing is considered even more important as it is the back of the rug which is in direct contact with your hard wooden floors. PVC backing (Polyvinyl-Based) is … Read the rest
Using cleaners that are specifically made for cleaning teak wood are very helpful when you are getting rid of the mold and mildew that can form on the floors. This can cause black spots on your floors. On the market there are two types of cleaners available, which include:
- One-part cleaners-these are more gentle in nature and require ten to fifteen minutes of gentle scrubbing.
- Two part cleaners-these are a little harsher as the first part contains an acid application that is followed by slight scrubbing and then there is a neutralizer that is used to clean up the leftover acid.
Although they are effective in cleaning the black spots from your teak floor, they can damage the floor so you need to be careful how often you use them.
Vacuum every week
Another tip for teak wood floor maintenance is that you should vacuum them every week. … Read the rest