Window tinting is often associated with vehicles, but the same idea is used for homes as well. There are many benefits associated with tinting your home windows that you simply should not overlook. These benefits include but are not limited to:
Energy efficiency. Windows can offer a great view, but they also allow for the release of energy from your window. Energy rates are climbing higher and higher all the time. As such, you should do what you can to ensure that your home is as energy efficient as possible. When you have your windows tinted it will now allow for the sun to heat your home, causing your air conditioning system to work over time. Most homeowners report that the window tinting saves them money from day one.
Privacy. Window tinting also offers privacy that you would not be able to get any other way. With tinted windows, people … Read the rest
First and foremost, you should consider which type of fabric is used for your upholstery. Cleaning solvents will not react the same way to each type of fabric. You should check the manufacturer’s label on your furniture and at the very least determine whether the upholstery is made from synthetic or natural fabrics. Synthetic fabrics can typically be cleaned easily and safely without concern for damaging the upholstery. However, natural or natural/synthetic blends are a bit trickier. You should test your cleaning solution on a small, inconspicuous spot on your furniture to be sure it doesn’t distort the colour of the upholstery. If your upholstery contains more than 50% cotton, you should always seek professional cleaning, especially for large, dark stains on noticeable parts of the furniture.
Size and Location of the Stain
Another important consideration is the size and location of the stain. Small, hidden stains can … Read the rest
Off-the-shelf doors can be found in a variety of standard popular sizes. These are generally classified by width, and range from 30″ to 36″. If your frame doesn’t conform to a standard size you may be able to trim the door to fit; many wooden doors can be reduced by up to 12mm along each edge.
In some cases you might be better off buying a complete door set, which consists of a frame and matching door. This can be a particularly good move if you have an older property, where the original frame may have warped or even cracked over time. Alternatively, you may decide to pay a bit more and have the door made to measure.
As the front door will set the tone for your entire home, it’s important to choose a design and colour in keeping with the overall architectural style. An ornate panelled … Read the rest
Before making any decision, you should consider few factors such as your budget, floor durability, the difficulty of installation and how much time and effort you are prepared to spend on cleaning and maintenance. Keep in mind that one type might be easy to install, but is hard to clean. Another might be durable but is more expensive.
One of the main benefits associated with tiled floors is the ease of maintenance. Tiles have been used for centuries to provide a durable coated surface that is hygienic and easy to clean. Not requiring any special cleaning solutions, tiles are easiest to clean than most flooring options.
Choosing ceramic or porcelain tiles, it doesn’t matter – they can be very easily repaired if damaged. Always keep an additional box of tiles for future repairs because often there are differences between two batches. You can choose from a variety of colours and … Read the rest
Many home owners find themselves in a house that has one window in the living room. Consequently they don’t always want to undergo a huge construction project that involves knocking a large hole in the wall to add another window. However, it is a less daunting task to enlarge the space around your front door. Get an accredited builder to measure the space around your door so that the correct size is knocked out in preparation for the installation of the side light door. A side light door is usually much wider than the standard front door because it includes the front door panel as well as one or two side panels. The option with the two side panels adds more light to the room as it usually contains two long sheets of glass. For added light the front door part also contains glass. The design depends largely on the … Read the rest
Protect the system
Ask an electrician with experience in domestic electrical services about having lightning protection installed in your switchboard to protect all appliances.
Unplug before the storm
- Unplug outside TVs and non-fixed aerials and store in a dry area.
- When a storm approaches switch off and unplug sensitive appliances or equipment.
- Shut down your solar PV system using the safe isolation procedure.
Don’t connect during the storm
Don’t use equipment directly connected to electricity, including the stove, during a storm.
- If you’ve lost power, turn off your power points and unplug electrical equipment.
- Don’t use a fixed telephone during a thunderstorm – it can deliver an electric shock.
- If flood waters are expected, shift electrical equipment to higher locations.
Be cautious of wires
Don’t go outside to check the damage before an electrician arrives, especially during a storm, as fallen power lines are easily concealed and can be deadly.… Read the rest
There are several advantages to choosing this type of flooring, which include:
- More durable because the finish is done using a substance called aluminum oxide which is harder than the polyurethane finish that is used on unfinished hardwood floors. These types of floors are less likely to dent or scratch giving the floors a good looking finish for many years unlike unfinished hardwood floors that have to be refinished every few years.
- Easier to install because the floor is installed and can be used the same day it was installed. With unfinished hardwood floors they have to let the wood acclimate, install it, stain it, and let it dry before it can be finished, which can take several days.
- Give a better look than hardwood that is unfinished because prefinished hardwood floors come in a variety of sizes, textures, colors, and styles so the homeowner can choose the look that
… Read the rest