One very innovative way to add glamor to your house is to install a bar furniture. Such furniture will not just instill a sense of richness to the decor but will also be of high use. For the practical purpose, it can be said that it makes real sense to invest in such a bar. A lot of people, men and women, love to drink after a hard day’s work. It is completely sensible to own a personalized bar which will not only give you a sense of contentment but will also allow you to drink at your leisure hours. This gives you the chance to throw parties on random basis. Even when you are in the mood for a casual hangout, you can just invite some of your buddies and settle down at the bar with a glass in your hand. Some people even go on to install a
- The good news is, most authentic Scandinavian furniture is made out of quality durable materials like cloth, metal and Norwegian wood to mention a few. These need to be cleaned with all natural products that are environmentally friendly. Use a micro fiber cloth (found at most Canadian Tires) to polish the metals and wood. They leave the least streak marks. If possible, remove cushions and have them dry cleaned. This will help the wear and tear on the cloth materials. Have any tares or rips professionally repaired before sending them out to the dry cleaners.
- Keep the furniture in a low traffic zone. These are show pieces like antiques. They can be enjoyed on special occasions and holidays. You do not want your drunk uncle spilling red wine on your newly restores Danish Teak couch.
- Keep the pieces in a temperature controlled environment. Using them in a patio scenario or
If you’re buying furniture for a new born baby you’re not going to need much as the only necessities are a crib and maybe a change table. However, there are plenty of other items to choose from as well, but it’s up to you to decide whether you want to buy them at the current stage or let your kids grow up a bit.
It would be wise to buy furniture that is large enough to cater to kids of varying ages as your baby is going to grow fast and within a few months he or she will be a toddler! Usually parents opt for a 4 in 1 crib as this can be converted into a toddler bed and used for many years before you have to go in and buy a bed for your child’s youth.
Some parents are reluctant to spend a lot of money on … Read the rest
Begin by Decluttering
Storage is crucial for the optimization of space. storage can help with regard to clutter. Make use of containers that can be stored underneath your bed or inside closets. Look for items in your home that are no longer used and have them given away (you even become charitable in the process) or put them away for storage.
Keep your main livable space spotless. It is important to learn organization skills when you have to declutter. Find furniture with built-in storages spaces.
If you are worried about the unavailability of ample floor space, then look up. Remember that there is plenty of wall space up there. Those walls weren’t’ built for your family photographs alone. The living room walls can also become the new home for your bookshelves. Coffee tables and center tables have also served as storage spaces for many homes.
As for … Read the rest
- Measure Kitchen space: All the wooden furniture that you’d be using would have to be accommodated in the available space, so it’s a good idea to have exact measurements of space, including vertical space. This is a good starting point to determine exact numbers and capacity.
- Study different types of wood: There’s a large variety of wood that can be used for your kitchen furniture. The commonly used ones are solid wood, plywood, mdf and particle-board. It’s a fact that solid wood, though the most expensive of the lot, is also considered timeless and classic, but medium-density fiberboard is also a good middle option in terms of sturdiness and cost-effectiveness.
- Consider wooden shelving units: Wall-mounted multiple-shelving units are a very smart technique used in many modular kitchens these days. Consisting mostly of several cube-shaped wooden shelves, such a unit can act as both a storage area as well as a
Back in that time, the wood to create furniture was taken from very old trees which are rarely found today. Once the craftsmen get the wood, they dedicated themselves for months to create a masterpiece.
It was in the early 1900s, when people started commercializing furniture business. Since then, the production of pure wood furniture has been so limited that it is beyond the budget of a common man.
So if your furniture is not at least hundred years old, it is neither antique nor pure. What you have is just another factory-made item that was mass-produced to meet the market demand.
Since you cannot buy true antique furniture, it is very important to care the piece you already have. This is when you need to properly repair and restore your antique furniture.
Furniture restoration involves everything that you do to revive your old showcase or sofa and make it … Read the rest
Box springs lie underneath a mattress to give a layer of protection between the mattress and bed frame. They absorb body weight and provide more support to the mattress.
Also called bed bases, most don’t actually include springs anymore but instead contain a kind of steel grid to evenly distribute weight from above. According to the blog Sleeping Like a Log, only the most high-end manufacturers still use spring coils.
Some people don’t even use box springs at all. Platform beds pretty much eliminate the need for them.
Box springs wear out just like mattresses. Older ones can develop sagging, which means it’s time find a replacement. But if yours is fairly new – you’ve had it for less than three years – and it’s the only mattress that you’re dissatisfied with, it’s probably OK to keep it.
However, also consider the new mattress when you’re buying a box … Read the rest
The first step in choosing good quality bedding is to select a material with which you feel comfortable. Pure cotton is the ideal choice because it’s much more breathable than synthetics, which can cause an unpleasant amount of sweating – especially during the warmer months. Egyptian cotton is the softest, strongest and most absorbent of them all. However, it is expensive so if you would like to enjoy the benefits of cotton on a budget, I recommend a blend with as high a proportion of cotton as you can afford.
You should also pay attention to the weave of the cotton, as this can make a huge difference to the texture, durability and absorbency of your bed linen. Some of the most popular cotton weaves for bed linen include:
- Flannel – soft and cosy; good for winter
- Oxford – soft and heavy; good for winter
- Percale – lightweight,
Rattan furniture allows for you to spend much more time actually using your furniture because unlike the classic wooden furniture, you don’t need to paint or varnish it to give it any added protection throughout the year.
Usually, it will all be doom and gloom with the weather and then all of a sudden… BAM… the sun comes out and catches everyone off guard. Although it is still chilly, the sun is out and it’s time for you to get some Vitamin D flowing through you again. Normally if you have wooden furniture, this will be the time that you get the paint and varnish out and start your maintenance DIY on the furniture so that it can stand another year of punishment from our weather.
This is where Rattan differs. The material used to make the rattan is generally a form of plastics that is then moulded into long … Read the rest
Plastic is a versatile option that is easy to care for. Items like chairs often stack easily for storage and can be cleaned with mild soap and water. While inexpensive options might look like the inexpensive options they are, higher end pieces can genuinely complement your patio. Plastic isn’t likely to hold up through the seasons as long as materials like wrought iron, but it is an all-around good, economical choice that is often available in a myriad of colors and styles (Source: “Which Material Patio Furniture Withstands the Elements Best?”, eBay).
For sunny locations, wood is a great option as it does not hold heat the way that metal and plastic do. If your patio is located in a shady and moist setting, you’ll need to seal and treat your wood for longer life. Moisture, of course, can lead to rot. However, treated wood furniture will work … Read the rest